PE bags – information you need to know: PE (Polyethylene) bags are a kind of low cost high quality packaging due to their high tensile strength, transparency and non-toxicity. PE bags are certified for food safety, have quick production times and come in a variety of printing options, sizes, colors and styles.
PE bag capacity:
Polyethylene is used very commonly in the world with many applications, and in no small part is creating plastic bags with many advantages:
- ✓Protect the product from dirt and environmental factors such as UV rays, moisture, steam.
- ✓PE is stable in frozen environment (lowest temperature -70 ～ -100°C).
- ✓Excellent chemical resistance, resistant to most acids and alkalis (not resistant to acids with oxidizing properties).
- ✓Insoluble in normal temperature solvents.
- ✓Does not absorb water, excellent electrical insulation, does not generate static charge.
- ✓Good impact resistance.
- ✓Polyethylene is white, slightly transparent, does not conduct electricity and does not conduct heat, does not allow water and gas to penetrate.
- ✓Melting temperature Tm ≈ 120 ℃.
At temperatures higher than 70 ℃ PE is poorly soluble in solvents such as toluene, xylene, amylacetate, trichlorethylene, pine oil. mineral oil, etc. Even at high temperature, PE cannot dissolve in water, in fatty alcohols, acetone, ethyl ether, glycerin and essential oils.
Common types of pe bags and applications:
Common Polyethylene bags that can be used to make excellent quality poly bags are High Density, Low Density, Linear Low Density and Medium Density.
a.HDPE High Density Polyethylene Bag:
- ✓HDPE has the symbol of plastic No. 2. The advantage of HDPE bags is that it has very good resistance to puncture and tear, which can be used to pack heavy items safely and effectively.
- ✓HDPE bags are commonly used to hold bulk items in the construction industry, but can also be food safe for items like bulk dry goods like rice or grains.
- ✓HDPE poly bags are also useful for packing irregular shaped products, especially those with sharp or pointed edges.
b. LDPE Low Density Polyethylene Bag:
- ✓LDPE has the symbol of plastic number 4. The advantage of LDPE bags is flexible, often with good transparency, making it easy to see what’s inside. One feature of LDPE bags is that it is easier to tear than other PE bags.
- ✓LDPE bags are great for light items that need good visibility and easy access like small parts, food. They are also commonly used for temporary storage, such as grocery bags and grocery bags.
HDPE and LDPE bags both have their strengths if used appropriately. Hadupack shared at:
Compare HDPE And LDPE Bags:
|Latent heat of fusion||178.6 kJ/kg|
|Heat conductivity||0.44 W/m.°C|
|Specific heat||1330 to 2400 J/kg-CZK|
|Specific heat (solid)||1.9 kJ/kg. °C|
|Nhược điểm||Little or no UV protection||
MDPE Medium Density Polyethylene bag:
MDPE bags are not as dense as HDPE, but are equally heavy. Less prone to stress cracking with impressive shock resistance properties. They provide an excellent protection against moisture, and external damage when used as packaging.
Which type of PE plastic bag is the strongest?
There are many types of PE plastic bags, but not all have the same bearing capacity. The strongest type of plastic bag is made of HDPE.
What determines the strength of PE bags?
The durability and strength of a plastic bag is determined by its material and thickness. We already know that HDPE is the strongest form of PE bag, but what about thickness?
Thicker bags are definitely stronger than thinner bags of the same material. However, the use of bags of the right thickness not only saves costs for businesses, but also reduces the impact on the environment. The following are suitable bag thicknesses for many applications
(1 mil = 0.0254 mm)
|Ultra-lightweight Polyethylene bags are suitable for packing durable or non-fragile items. Economical and offers minimal protection, shielding items from dust or fingerprints.||0.5 mil|
|Polyethylene bags pack food products, such as bread, vegetables, as well as paper items, documents, and light, non-fragile items.||1,5 mil|
|Standard weight polyethylene bags offer a good balance between low cost and protection. The bag has the widest possible application, suitable for anything but sharp or heavy objects.||2 mil|
|Medium weight polyethylene bags, suitable for packing parts, tools, hardware and any product that requires a bag that is resistant to tear and puncture.||3 mil|
|Polyethylene bags are heavy-duty, suitable for sharp or heavy objects, such as large tools, bearings, nails, screws, bolts, nuts, etc.||4 – 5 mil|
|Industrial grade Polyethylene bags, suitable for the heaviest loads, such as tools and parts made of steel, soil, stone or building materials.||6 mil|
Which type of PE plastic bag gives the best quality?
The strength and thickness of the bag are not the determining factors of good quality PE plastic bags. HDPE, MDPE and LDPE all have their own useful applications. The application will determine the essential qualities of the bag, such as durability, clarity.
- ✓Durability: The strength of the bag does not just refer to the tensile strength of the plastic. The strength of the pe bag also means resistance to chemical corrosion, puncture or abrasion.
- ✓Transparency: Bag transparency is important in many applications where product visibility is key. For example, for many grocery bags, the customer needs to see the item clearly to check the quality. Translucent or opaque bags will not serve this purpose.
4 common ways to use PE plastic bags:
With all the benefits that PE bags bring, it’s no wonder that businesses are choosing this type of packaging more and more. Strength, flexibility and extensive features make PE ideal for a number of packaging needs. Here are 5 of the most common uses of polyethylene plastic packaging
- ✓Food packaging: One of the main uses of PE plastic bags is to pack different foods. Perfect bag to store nuts, coffee, meat products, vegetables as well as bread, confectionery..
- ✓Bulky Product Packaging: The variety of bag shapes and sizes provides a great packaging solution for businesses with large, bulky or oddly shaped products.
- ✓Pack a wide variety of items: From hardware like nuts, bolts, and nails to arts and crafts supplies, hospital and vet medications, or even farm items like grain and feed livestock, if your business needs to pack a lot of bulk items together, PE bags can solve your packaging needs.
- ✓Protective Storage: If you need to wrap products stored on pallets, then choosing a pallet bag is a good solution. They are more cost effective than stretch films and tarpaulins, and offer optimal protective strength. You can also use it to line the box to keep the product clean and safe.
Production of PE Bags:
Polyethylene bag production process includes 2 steps
Stage 1: Extrusion
Production of PE plastic bags begins with a process known as blow film extrusion. This entails melting small plastic particles until they become molten and pliable enough to be pressed, or extruded, through a circular mold slot.
This extrusion forms a continuous molten plastic tube that is clamped at one end and inflated to any desired size and thickness. The inflatable tube is stretched vertically on the tower to cool, then flattened and wound into rolls. Now it is ready to convert into PE bags.
Stage 2: Transformation
Once the blown film extrusion is complete and the plastic is on the roll, it can be passed through a machine that cuts and seals the plastic to a specified length, creating a plastic bag. This process is repeated until there are enough bags to order.
See more: Antistatic bags