Warning labels – Hazard warning stickers dangerous
Hazard warning stamps are used to indicate a hazardous situation that, if not avoided, could result in serious injury or death.
What are warning labels?
A warning label is a label affixed to a product or included in the product’s instructions for use that warns users of the risks associated with the use of the product and may include manufacturer restrictions. manufacturer or seller for certain uses.
Key benefits of safety warning labels
From protecting customers and employees, and product safety warning labels are used for many purposes and provide many benefits, including:
- Reduce the possibility of accidents and injuries
- Compliant – Complies with OSHA, ANSI or ISO and UL standards
- Locate devices safely – Safety labels can help people know the location of a device which can be useful in an emergency.
- Orientation – Safety labels are a great way to let new employees and others know where safety equipment is located and how to use it to the greatest benefit. This is especially important for those who may not be familiar with the dangers in business or manufacturing.
Useful visual elements in favor of safe use
Obviously, the better the signs, the more likely they will be seen and out of harm’s way. There are 3 main visual elements that you can use on your labels to help you get your message across.
These visual elements include:
- Signal – It could be an attention-grabbing one or two-word headline.
- Icons – The images are used to display your alerts visually.
- Message – this is where you can better explain the dangerous situation
Hadupack shares with you 7 tips to create effective safety warning labels.
Your warning label isn’t helpful if your user can’t understand what it’s trying to say. With our years of experience printing warning labels, apply these 7 tips to create effective safety warning labels to protect your customers, employees, and business.
1. Write clearly and concisely
To ensure that your warning is fully understood, you should write it clearly and concisely.
It is best to avoid any vague or complicated words and write in a positive tone.
2. Choose Signal Words
Your signal word is your attention grabbing headline. There are several types of signal words that you can use with varying degrees of severity. Including:
- Danger – Highest severity only for extreme situations resulting in death and serious injury
- Warnings – Warnings for hazards that may result in death or injury
- Caution – Indicates a situation that could result in minor injury
- Notice – This is a non-hazardous guide and warning
- Safety Instructions – Indicates that there are specific safety instructions
3. Use Pictograms & Symbols
You must have heard the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words. The same goes for the pictograms and symbols on safety warning labels!
Hieroglyphs are one of the best ways to make sure everyone is aware of any hazards. Not only can they get the message across in a flash, but they’re also popular and transcend language barriers.
4. Add useful messages
When an image is not informative, include a message explaining what the warning is and how you can act to avoid the danger. You can also include a message explaining any possible consequences. out if the warning is not heard. This helps motivate viewers to listen and understand the seriousness of their actions.
5. Choose durable materials
Next, your warning label is important to the safety of your customers and employees, so you want to make sure it’s durable. With that said, you definitely don’t want your messages to be blurry or scratched. Therefore, we recommend choosing a durable material that can resist external factors such as Polyester material
6. Choose the best ISO label format
When it comes to designing safety warning labels, you should also know about ISO (International Organization for Standardization) label formats. For example, common symbols-only styles include:
- Yellow – Triangular warning sign to identify any hazards that could lead to injury
- Blue – This circular mandatory action sign explains the actions to take to avoid any hazards and stay safe. Usually contains white icons in blue circles.
- Red – This label has a red circle with a slash across it. It’s a prohibition label that tells you what actions are prohibited to avoid any danger.
Staying consistent with these styles can help improve user understanding and make it easier for them to see warnings at a glance. Furthermore, compliance with these standards not only protects you, but also builds credibility with your customers.
7. Compliance with Safety Warning Standards
To avoid legal liability, in addition to complying with regulations and standards set forth by organizations
Print warning labels
Hadupack’s warning labels are durable and resistant to extreme conditions such as:
- High and low temperature
- Weather factors: UV rays, rain, humidity, dirt, pollution
- Abrasion Resistant
- Chemicals, industrial solvents, grease…
We understand the importance of warning labels, It is recommended to use the best and durable materials to print labels, in addition, the labels will not fade in 3 years. Reduce your risk in manufacturing, trading or shipping products by ordering our warning labels
See more: LABEL PRINTING