Nonwoven fabric is a fabric made of short fibers and long fibers (unbroken length), bonded together by chemical, mechanical, thermal treatment or the use of solvents. The term is used in the textile industry to refer to fabrics such as felt, nonwoven or knitted fabrics. Made of polyester fiber, polyester fiber (referred to as: PET)
See more: PET FILM PLASTIC
General introduction of non-woven fabrics
Nonwoven fabrics can be divided into 8 types according to different production processes:
- Spunlace nonwoven fabric: It is a product resulting from the direct application of polymers, short fibers or filaments that form a network of fibers by gas or mechanical action, spinning, needle-punching or hot-rolling, and end stitching. The end product is spunlace nonwoven fabric. This fabric is famous for its great uses as a mask, medical non-woven fabric, wet towel, non-woven filter cloth, etc.
- Heat bonded nonwoven fabric: This type of non-woven fabric is mainly produced by several processes: adding fibrous filler material or adhering to the fiber network, and then reinforcing the network into the fabric through heating and cooling.
- Pulp airlaid nonwoven fabric: Pulp airlaid non-woven fabric is also known as dust-free paper, dry non-woven fabric. It uses air-laid technology to open the wood fiber board into a single fiber state, and then uses the air flow method to agglomerate the fibers on the mesh screen and the reinforced fiber mesh to form the fabric.
- Wet non-woven fabric: Wet nonwoven fabric is produced by the following process: opening a fiber material placed in an aqueous medium into single fibers, and simultaneously mixing different fiber materials to form a fiber mixture, then the This is transferred to the film forming mechanism and the fiber in the wet state is reinforced into the fabric.
- Spunbond nonwoven fabric: Spunbond nonwoven fabric is manufactured by the following process: extruding and stretching the polymer fibers to form continuous and meshed fibers. This mesh is then processed into a nonwoven fabric by means of bonding, thermal, mechanical and chemical bonding.
- Meltblown Nonwovens: Melblown nonwoven fabric is manufactured by extruding molten polymer fibers through a straight mold containing hundreds of tiny holes to form long thin fibers which are then stretched and cooled by passing hot air as they fall. from a straight mold, this mesh is then blown into a concentrated screen to form a finely filtered and self-aligning nonwoven fabric. Usually, this non-woven fabric is added to the spunbond yarn to form an SM or SMS mesh.
- Needle-punched nonwovens: Needle-punched non-woven fabric is a kind of dry non-woven fabric. Fine fibers are reinforced into the fabric by needle piercing.
- Stitch non-woven fabric: Stitched nonwovens are another type of dry nonwovens. The manufacturing process uses a warp knitted loop structure to reinforce the yarn net, the yarn layer, the nonwoven material (such as plastic sheet, plastic foil, etc.), or a combination thereof to form the nonwoven fabric.
Non-woven fabric features
Non-woven fabric has no warp and weft, so it is very convenient to cut and sew, light and easy to shape. Because it is a fabric that does not require spinning or weaving, it simply orients or randomly arranges the woven metal threads or yarns to form a lattice structure, then using mechanical methods, bonding thermally or chemically to reinforce it.
It is not interwoven and braided one by one, but the fibers are directly linked together by physical means, so when you take the lining in the clothes, you will find that you cannot take a single thread. can come out. Nonwovens break the traditional weaving principles and are characterized by short production process, fast production speed, high output, low cost, wide application and wide range of raw materials.
Advantages of non-woven fabrics
- Light weight: Polypropylene resin is used as the main material, the specific gravity is only 0.9, only three-fifths of cotton, with smooth cottoniness and good hand feeling.
- Soft: It is composed of fine (2-3D) fibers and is formed by a light point melting bond. The finished product has moderate softness, feels comfortable.
- Waterproof and breathable: Polypropylene chip does not absorb water, the moisture is zero, the finished product has good waterproof ability, is composed of 100% fiber, porous and has good breathability, easy to hold the fabric, The surface is dry and easy to wash.
- It can clean the air and use the advantage of small holes to prevent bacteria and viruses from coming out.
- Non-toxic and non-irritating: The product is manufactured with food grade raw materials that meet FDA standards, does not contain other chemical ingredients, has a stable effect, is non-toxic, has no peculiar smell. and does not cause skin irritation.
- Antibacterial and chemical resistant: Polypropylene is a chemical passivator, is not eaten by insects and can isolate the corrosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid; antibacterial, alkali corrosion and finished products do not affect durability due to erosion.
- Antibacterial: The product is waterproof, not moldy, isolating the corrosion of bacteria and insects in the liquid, not moldy.
- Good physical properties: It is made of polypropylene that is directly drawn to the mesh and thermally bonded. The durability of the product is better than that of ordinary metal fiber products. Endurance is non-directional and longitudinal and transverse strength are similar.
- In terms of environmental protection, the raw material of most non-woven fabrics used is polypropylene, while the raw material of plastic bags is polyethylene, although the two substances have the same name but are very different in terms of their properties. chemical structure. The chemical molecular structure of polyethylene is quite stable and extremely difficult to degrade. Therefore, it takes 300 years for plastic bags to decompose; While the chemical structure of polypropylene is not strong, the molecular chain can be easily broken. So it can be effectively used to degrade and enter the next environmental cycle in a non-toxic, non-woven shopping bag that can be completely decomposed within 90 days. Moreover, non-woven bags can be reused more than 10 times and the environmental pollution after disposal is only 10% compared to plastic bags.
Disadvantages of non-woven fabrics
- Compared with woven fabric, the strength and durability are poor.
- Not washable like other fabrics.
- The fibers are arranged in a certain direction so it is easy to split at right angles, etc. Therefore, the improvement of the production method mainly focuses on the improvement of anti-delamination.
Preservation of non-woven fabrics:
During the maintenance and purchase of non-woven fabrics, the following points should be paid attention to:
- Keep it clean and wash it regularly to prevent moth growth.
- When storing in different seasons, it must be washed, ironed, dried, put in a sealed plastic bag and laid flat in the closet. Pay attention to shading to avoid fading. It must be regularly ventilated, dusty and dehumidified, and not exposed to sunlight. Should put anti-mildew, termite tablets in the wardrobe to prevent the cashmere products from being damp and moldy.
- When wearing inside, the lining of the shirt must be smooth, do not put hard objects such as pens, key cases, cell phones into the clothes pocket to avoid local friction and lumps. Minimize friction with hard objects (such as sofa backs, armrests, table tops) and hooks when worn. Should not be worn for too long, must stop or change about 5 days for clothes to recover elasticity, avoid damaging the fabric.
- If there is a clump, do not pull it forcibly, use scissors to cut the pom-pom so that it will not be repaired by a wire break.
Use non-woven fabric
Nonwoven products are colorful, bright, fashionable and environmentally friendly, widely used, beautiful and generous, with various patterns and designs, lightweight, environmentally friendly and recyclable. They are internationally recognized as environmentally friendly products, protecting the earth’s ecology.
Suitable for agricultural film, shoemaking, tanning, mattress, quilt, decoration, chemical, printing, automotive, building materials, furniture and other industries, as well as underwear, Disposable health and medical surgical gown, mask, cap, bed sheet, hotel. Disposable tablecloths, beauty, sauna and even today’s fashion gift bags, shop bags, shopping bags, promotional bags and more. Environmentally friendly, versatile and economical products. Because of its pearl-like appearance, it is also known as jade cloth.
Nonwoven fabric produced on a wet or dry paper machine consisting of chemical fibers and vegetable fibers under conditions of using water or air as the suspension medium. Although they are fabric and non-woven, they are called non-woven fabrics. Non-woven fabric is a new generation of environmentally friendly materials, which has the advantages of good strength, breathability and waterproofing, environmental protection, flexibility, non-toxic and tasteless, and low cost.
It is a new generation of environmentally friendly materials with the characteristics of waterproof, breathable, flexible, non-combustible, non-toxic and non-irritating, and rich in color. If the material is placed outdoors and naturally decomposes, the maximum life span is only 90 days, if placed indoors, it will decompose within 8 years, non-toxic when burned, so it does not pollute the environment.
- Non-woven fabrics for medical and hygiene use: surgical gowns, protective clothing, disinfectant wraps, masks, diapers, household wipes, wipes, wet face towels, towels magic, soft towel rolls, beauty supplies, tampons, tampons. Disposable sanitary pads and cloths.
- Non-woven fabrics for home decoration: wall coverings, tablecloths, bed sheets, bed sheets.
- Non-woven fabrics for clothing: lining fabrics, adhesive linings, flakes, profiled cotton, various synthetic leather base fabrics.
- Non-woven fabrics for industrial use; foundation materials, reinforcing materials, polishing materials, filter materials, insulation materials, cement packaging, geotextiles and coating fabrics for roofing waterproofing membranes and asphalt shingles.
- Agricultural non-woven fabrics: plant protection fabrics, seedling fabrics, irrigation fabrics, insulation curtains.
- Other non-woven fabrics: space cotton, heat and sound insulation materials, linoleum felt, cigarette filters, tea bags in bags, shoe materials…