Surface Protection Film
PE protective film, full name is Polyethylene, is a compound substrate polymer with a simple structure which is a material polymer widely used in the world today. PE protective film uses special polyethylene (PE) resin as the base material, according to density, it can be divided into high-density polyethylene, medium-density polyethylene and low-density polyethylene protective film.
According to the micro-application, the protective glass can be applied to the following areas: metal product surface, coated metal product surface, plastic product surface, automotive product surface, product surface electronic products, logo surface products, surface products and other surface products.
Protective glass can be divided into: plastic protective glass, digital product protective glass, automotive protective glass, household protective glass, food management protective glass, surface protective glass, etc.
However, with the popularity of mobile phones and other digital products in Vietnam, protective film has evolved to become a general term for screen protector film and its functions in the field of protection. this area. The field of screen protection film is also very diverse, the earliest is high-definition sunscreen. This document has gone through more than 5 years of development from the earliest PP document to today’s popular AR document and is gradually being accepted by many mobile phone groups.
The development of silica gel is based on acrylic adhesives, because in recent years there has been an increasing need for surface protection of 3C products, and a large part of these applications have entered the market. the aftermarket, i.e., in the store and then used by the consumer.
This application section places special emphasis on the use of exhaust gas, to avoid the appearance of shadows during filming, and silica gel meets the needs of this part of the user. Silica gel is used for the fluorescence produced by PET substrates, see more about PET roll plastic. Mainly screen protectors. (Commonly used mainly silica gel adsorption)
As the name suggests, the main material of rubber glue is rubber, which is mainly produced by European and Japanese manufacturers in charge of protection. The main feature is that the product has a relative heat resistance, that is, the product with a microscopic degree can be suitable for the product. Face face from face to sander. So with the protection of acrylic glue, the range of application is much larger.
Therefore, in general, the coverage of the rubber-based protective film is only about four levels, while the protective film of acrylic adhesive is about 20g / about 25mm, which must be classified separately, so the protective film of acrylic adhesive has many types. , for storage, inventory and manufacturer’s application, the protective design of rubber form is much simpler. The second advantage of the high-protection exception form is that due to its large tolerance it is possible to use a protective appearance with a higher degree of dispersion and therefore it is particularly suitable for complex applications after processing, assuming restrictions such as stainless steel plate, membrane sheet and other processes.
Application fields of PE protective film:
- Stainless steel plate, aluminum plate, aluminum sheet, plastic bar and doors and windows, aluminum sheet, fluorine plate, mirror plate, sandwich color steel plate, fireproof plate, finishing plate, plexiglass sheet, PS, PE , PVC panels, sun panels (polycarbonate sheets)), security doors, signs, coated glass, high-end furniture, high-end crafts, electrical boxes, computers 1). PE protective film thickness: 0.03mm-0.15mm
- Color: transparent PE protective film, blue, black, milky white, white on black PE protective film, special colors decided by the customer
- Width: within 1650mm, length within 1000M
- Adhesion: PE protective film 5-610g/50mm is made of special polyethylene (PE) plastic film as base material, cross-linked acrylic resin as binder and treated with some additives special. The nature is soft, good non-stick, easy to stick, easy to peel and no glue residue.
Main advantages of PE protective film:
- Protected products are protected from contamination, corrosion and damage during production, processing, transportation, storage and use, protecting the original glossy surface, improving product quality and competitiveness in the market.
- PE protective film is a polymeric organic compound with a simple structure, a polymer material widely used in today’s world. PE protective film uses a special polyethylene (PE) plastic film as the base material, depending on the density there are protective films of high density polyethylene, medium density polyethylene and low density polyethylene.
- Using PE protective film: during the production, processing, transportation, storage and use of the product, protect the product from pollution, corrosion, damage, protect the original shiny surface of products, improving the quality and competitiveness of products in the market.
PE protective film adhesion
According to viscosity, it is mainly divided into: super low viscosity protective film, low viscosity protective film, medium-low viscosity protective film, medium viscosity protective film, high viscosity protective film , ultra-high viscosity protective film film
1. Super low viscosity protective film (i.e. light bottom adhesion):
Characteristics: Thickness (≥0.03mm ± 0.003), width (≤1.3), height (100-1500), base material (PE), shell strength (≤5g/cm), capacity temperature resistance (60), elongation (> 400)
Uses: Easy to use, easy to stick and tear, no glue residue, suitable for organic dishes, instruments, display screens, glass lenses, plastic lenses, etc.
2. Low viscosity protective film
Features: Thickness (≥0.03mm ± 0.003), width (≤1.3), height (100-1000), base material (PE), shell strength (10-20g/cm) , temperature resistance (60), elongation (> 400 )
Uses: Stable adhesion, good adhesion, good peeling ability, leaving no glue residue, suitable for steel mirrors, titanium metal, fine plastic sheets, silk screens, name plates, etc.
3. Medium and low viscosity protective film
Characteristics: Thickness (≥0.03mm ± 0.003), width (≤1.3), height (100-1000), base material (PE), peeling strength (30-50g/cm), temperature resistance (60), elongation (> 400 )
Uses: Stable adhesion, good adhesion, good peeling ability, no glue residue, suitable for furniture Polaroid board, stainless steel board, ceramic tile, granite, artificial stone, etc
4. Medium viscosity protective film
Features: Thickness (≥0.05mm ± 0.003), width (≤1.3), height (100-1000), base material (PE), shell strength (60-80g/cm) , temperature resistance (60), elongation (> 400 )
Uses: Stable adhesion, good adhesion, good peeling ability, leaving no glue residue, suitable for protecting the surface of fine-grained matte boards and ordinary hard-to-stick materials.
5. High viscosity protective film
Characteristics: Thickness (≥0.05mm ± 0.003), width (≤1.3), height (100-800), base material (PE), peeling strength (80-100g/cm), temperature resistance (60), elongation (> 400 )
Uses: Stable adhesion, good adhesion, good peeling ability, leaving no glue residue, suitable for fine-grained matte boards, aluminum-plastic boards, hard plastic boards, etc.
6. Super high viscosity protective film
Characteristics: Thickness (≥0.04mm ± 0.003), width (≤1.3), height (100-800), base material (PE), peeling strength (over 100g/cm), ability temperature resistance (60), elongation (> 400).
Uses: Very flexible, water-based acrylic is used as a pressure-resistant adhesive, convenient to use, easy to stick and tear, leaving no glue residue. Suitable for hard-to-stick materials such as aluminum foil.
- Suitable stickiness: easy to stick and tear;
- Stable peeling force: small changes over time, that is, the smaller the peeling force, the better;
- Good weather resistance: in the condition of exposure to the sun, the service life lasts from six months to a year;
- Long shelf life: store in the warehouse for more than one year, the quality does not change;
- Non-polluting and non-corrosive: the adhesive is inert and will not chemically react with the surface of the material being bonded;
- -Excellent mechanical properties: tensile strength, elastic modulus, elongation, etc. to meet user requirements
What are pe protective films?
There are many types of pe protective films, which can be distinguished by density, color, viscosity or application. These classifications have many applications, such as daily life, industrial packaging and measuring equipment. PE protective film is commonly used in electronic equipment. The following article introduces details about: types of protective pe film and the uses of protective pe film and other related knowledge.
Types of PE protective film:
- By density: PE protective film is mainly based on special polyethylene (PE) plastic film, and then divided into three types: high density polyethylene protective film, medium density polyethylene and low density polyethylene according to the ratio important.
- By color: high permeability protective pe film, blue pe film, milky white pe film, mesh pe film…
- According to the viscosity, it can be divided into: micro-viscosity pe film, low-viscosity pe film, medium-viscosity pe-membrane, secondary-grade mucosa, high-viscosity protective pe film…
- According to the purpose, there are more: plastic pe protective film, steel pe protective film, aluminum protective film, die cutting pe protective film, sandblasting pe protective film…
The use of pe protective film:
- Hardware industry: PE protective film is used in computer case, galvanized sheet, aluminum plate, stainless steel plate, titanium plate, plastic steel plate, glass plate, solar panel, etc in the industry. Hardware.
- Optoelectronic industry: PE protective film is used in LCD liquid crystal display, backlight panel, cold light film, membrane switch, mobile phone display, in optoelectronic industry.
- Plastic industry: PE protective film is used in ABS, PP injection molding products, PVC sheets, acrylic sheets, tools, plastic lenses, surface protection of painted parts, … in the plastic industry.
- Printing industry: PE protective film is used in the printing industry to protect the surface of printed nameplates such as PVC, PC board, aluminum panel, film.
- Wire and cable industry: PE protective film is used in the wire and cable industry to protect shaft-mounted copper wires, semi-finished products, finished products and coiled products, has the effect of preventing dust pollution and anti-oxidation and anti-fouling effect.
- In the electronics industry, in the production, PE protective film is generally used to protect the finished and semi-finished products, which is not easy to be scratched and damaged on the assembly line, and plays a protective role.
- In the mobile phone digital industry, mobile phone protective PE film, also known as mobile phone beauty film, mobile phone protection film, is a kind of cold viewing film that can used to mount the phone body and screen.
At present, the great advantage of pe protective film is that the protected product is protected from pollution, corrosion, scratches during production, transportation, storage and use, protecting the surface state original smooth and shiny, thereby improving product quality and market competitiveness.
With distinct advantages, protective film is favored by many businesses, widely used in industries and increasingly expanding into more fields.
How to choose protective film:
- Different surfaces require different viscosity
- Different materials on the same surface may also require different viscosity
- Further processing steps are the determining factor for viscosity. Further processing usually includes bending, stamping, cutting, drilling, heat forming..
- Reasonable combination of thickness and viscosity
- The tensile strength and elongation of the protective film to ensure that the flexibility and strength of the protective film can meet the requirements
- The final rule of protective film selection: full testing.
- Understanding the properties of the materials to be glued: Material: such as steel, aluminum, plastic, glass…Surface properties: such as whether there is a coating, what type of coating, surface roughness… Processing technology Next processing: such as stamping, cutting, bending, punching…
- Other requirements: use environment, storage and transportation conditions, outdoor requirements, background color, printing or not.
Price of protective film:
Is it possible to calculate the cost of protective film? Many people who estimate protective film prices will consult the seller directly for a quote. Have you ever thought that you can get the price of protective film through a certain calculation method?
In fact, we have two ways to calculate the price or selling price of the protective film: the first is by weight, ie how many kilograms, the second is by the area of the protective film, ie how much money per square meter.
Protective films are often used where the requirements for thickness stability or quality are not too strict in terms of how many per kg, such as stretch films and stretch films. The protective films themselves are particularly stretchable. The thickness will fluctuate greatly during processing, so use scales to protect the interests of customers.
In square meters of protective film. In general, it is the protective film with higher requirements. The flatness and viscosity are very strict, or the material of the protective film itself is expensive and the consumption unit is relatively small, so it is more accurate to calculate the price in kilograms.
And some special protective films such as high temperature resistant PET protective film, polyimide high temperature protective film (high temperature tape), fixed length 33 meters, price by width, price 1mm.
See more: Blue PE Protection Film