What is Polymide PA66?
Polyamide PA66 belongs to the line of technical polymers (engineering plastics). These plastics are mainly used in engineering applications, where physical and mechanical properties are required. PA66 resin is a polymer synthesized by Wallace Hume Carothers in 1935. The process of producing PA66 by spinning was discovered between 1936 and 1937 and commercialized by DuPont in the United States in late 1939.
PA66 plastic pellets have good properties of high mechanical strength, high softening temperature, heat resistance, low friction coefficient, wear resistance, self-lubrication, shock and noise absorption, and oil resistance. Glass fiber reinforced PA can reduce water absorption, so that they can withstand high temperature and high humidity working conditions. With such high performance, polymide composite materials have replaced some metals as structural materials. It is widely used in electronics, automobiles, industrial machinery, aerospace, military weapons and other fields.
☞Find out more: Pa6 granules
PA66 has the following characteristics:
- Hardness and crack resistance, high impact resistance, high thermal stability, high abrasion resistance, high chemical resistance, good electrical insulation properties, easy processing, good aesthetic appearance, beautiful bright surface , impact modification, thermal stability, self-extinguishing…
- The melting temperature of PA66 is 260 ~ 265 degrees Celsius and the glass transition temperature (dry state) is 50 degrees Celsius. Density is 1.13 ~ 1.16 g/cm3.
- Because nylon has the above characteristics, it is widely used in automobiles, electrical appliances, mechanical parts, transportation equipment, textiles, machinery, etc.
- The disadvantage is that water absorption is large, affecting dimensional stability and electrical properties, and fiber reinforcement can reduce resin water absorption. Proportioned so that it can work under high temperature and high humidity. The relationship between nylon and fiberglass is very good.
- This process is accelerating and the demand for nylon will be even higher. In particular, nylon as a structural material places high demands on durability, heat resistance and cold resistance. However, the inherent disadvantage of nylon is an important factor in limiting its application.
PA66 is mainly used in:
- Improves the water absorption ability of nylon and improves the dimensional stability of the product.
- PA66 has a higher melting point in polymide materials. It is a crystalline semi-crystalline substance. PA66 also maintains strength and stiffness at higher temperatures. PA66 still forms after desiccation, to a degree that depends on material composition, thickness and environmental conditions.
- PA66 is resistant to many solvents but less resistant to acids and some other chlorine substances.
- Improve the flame retardancy of nylon to meet the requirements of electronics, electrical, communications and other industries.
- Improve the mechanical strength of nylon to achieve the strength of metal materials, replacing metal.
- Improves the low temperature resistance of nylon and enhances its ability to resist environmental stress.
- Improve the wear resistance of nylon to meet the requirements of high wear resistance.
- Improve the antistatic properties of nylon to meet the requirements of mining and its mechanical applications.
- Improves the heat resistance of nylon to adapt to high temperature conditions such as automobile engines.
- Reduce nylon costs and improve product competitiveness.
What makes PA66 30%GF plastic granules – Tufnyl RGF30 Black stand out?
PA66 plastic granules – Tufnyl RGF30 Black is a construction plastic that not only has high strength, toughness and hardness, but also has excellent thermal stability and excellent chemical resistance. Tufnyl RGF30 Black can resist alkalis and withstand organic solvents such as gasoline, oil, grease, ester, ketone… This resin can also be well stable in different oil compounds and always provides good performance. Great. The insulating ability of the seeds is also very good.
Tufnyl RGF30 Natural is reinforced with 30% black glass fiber and is resistant to organic solvents and fuels, not harmful to human health. This plastic masterbatch is suitable for products that require higher plasticity, hardness, temperature, and abrasion resistance than PA6. Tufnyl RGF30 Natural has a glossy surface.
The shrinkage rate of PA66 – Tufnyl RGF30 Black resin is from 1 ~ 2%. Particles originate from India and are used in the fields of electricity, electronics, automobiles, telecommunications, mechanical works, sports equipment that require durability and high impact…
Because it contains the amount of glass fiber in it, Tufnyl RGF30 Black resin has the highest water absorption rate and balanced water content. Also makes the strength and hardness of Tufnyl RGF30 Black resin a little lower than POM.
Fiberglass in some cases has a pronounced abrasive effect on the contact surface. Due to the amount of glass fiber it contains, Tufnyl RGF30 Black is less suitable for sliding applications. Bar slippage is also higher than Acetal (POM) or PBT.
Tufnyl RGF30 Black is not suitable for products that require flexibility.
- Industry: Because it can withstand heat, is a very good electrical insulator and can withstand organic solvents, PA66 – Tufnyl RGF30 Black is used in the production of mechanical parts and components for cars, motorbikes and machinery. pump, motor. And produces all kinds of gears, cams, rollers, bearings, nuts, bolts and fasteners of electrical tool covers, electrical connectors.
- Household appliances: In addition to being used to make industrial appliances, Tufnyl RGF30 Black is also used to make kitchen appliances, televisions, refrigerators, microwaves, washing machines, air conditioners, water heaters, etc. thanks to its capabilities and advantages.